Heart Healthy Foods
Heart Healthy Foods is very important at this time. With the increase in the number of heart patients every year it’s now very important to take care of your heart. There are many people around the world who are suffering from one or the other heart-related disease. Due to cardiac arrest and heart stroke also, there are many people who passed away. Now it’s high time that we all should start thinking about a Heart Healthy Foods.
Often people ignore heart-related problems, thinking that it’s a part of old age. Just for enjoying their present, they are developing bad food habits. And this is going to create a big problem for their health especially their heart. Because of the rapid increase in heart diseases, now one should go for the healthy heart diet. We will tell you here that what you can include in your Healthy Diet for Heart and what not.
For a healthy Heart follow these Tips
We understand that overnight it is not easy for any of you to change your eating habits or your Heart Healthy Foods. But still, if we can start changing from little things we can live for few more years. So there is no harm in this healthy heart deal. Here we are giving you few tips which you can consider in your Healthy Heart Diet.
- Plan your food menu before: Many of us even do that but now there is a little change in it. As now you have to include the food which is healthy for your heart. We will tell you about that in below sections. Planning always work and if it’s for your good health than why not. By planning your meal you will know that what you are eating and it is healthy or not. And even if in case you had an unhealthy diet one day, you can still plan your next day accordingly to balance that.
- Stop Binge Eating: Many of us have this habit of keep filling ourselves with junk food. We do not even notice that how much we already had and it is not healthy for us. For some of us, it’s not the hunger, it’s just that when we have nothing to do. And we feel that we are hungry and we unnecessarily eat a lot.
- Include low-fat protein food sources: This is very important not only for the heart but for our all over health. When we include diet low-fat protein sources in our Heart Healthy Foods, it is really going to help us. And you can start changing from little things like preferring skimmed milk over full cream milk. Adding fish in your diet instead of the meat with high fat content. You can also add walnuts, flaxseed, beans, soya beans, lentils, etc. in your diet.
- Tracking your food portions: This is really very important for your heart. As you should know that how many calories you are taking. When we are not aware of the calories intake we often take more than the calories which our body needs. So we advise you to include food which is less in calories but rich in nutrients. Also, start using small bowls or small plates, just to control your portions you eat. Track your servings properly and eat according to that only.
- Avoid eating unhealthy fat: With the more unhealthy fat in your body, the heart problem can show up any time. The unhealthy fat will increase the cholesterol level also. And it may result in different heart-related diseases. Include healthy fats in your diet like olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, nuts, avocados, etc.
Include these foods in your Healthy Diet for Heart
Here we are going to tell you the name of few fruits, vegetables, and other food items. Including these in your diet can really help you a lot.
- Dark Chocolate: Yes, that’s true all the chocolate lovers. But mind that it’s only for the dark chocolate which is made up of cocoa (around 70%). The dark chocolate can help in reducing few heart problems.
- Nuts: You can also include nuts like peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, etc. in your diet. Some of them have Vitamin E and some of them have Omega-3 Fatty Acids. And both of these are good for your heart as well as your overall health also.
- Green Vegetables: Now there is no doubt that what good the green vegetables can do to us. So instead of eating that junk food, you can switch to green vegetables. You can include broccoli, spinach, etc. in your diet.
- Salmon: Salmon contains the Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and it can help you in long run. So instead of choosing the meat with high fat, you can go for the salmon.
- Citrus Fruits: You can include citrus fruits also in your diet. As they are rich in Vitamin C. And thus they are helpful in lowering the risk of heart problems. But keep a check on the sugar content in your citrus fruits.
- Green Tea: You all must have heard of many benefits of Green Tea before. And one more benefit is that it reduces the chances of heart stroke and cardiovascular disease. So sipping the green tea is now going to be more helpful for you.
Apart from the above-mentioned food items, you can also include coffee, pomegranate, flax seeds, avocados, tomato, soy, oatmeal, etc. in your Heart Healthy Foods.
Avoid this food for a Healthy Heart
Here we will share a list of food items, which you should try to avoid as much as possible. As these food items can increase the risk of heart diseases and can clog your arteries also. Here is the list:
- Processed or Canned Food: Stop eating that processed or canned food. As they are loaded with the preservatives and salt which is not good for our health.
- Frozen Meals: Often, we tend to go and get the frozen meals just to save our time. But we are not considering the fact that the frozen meals are increasing the heart problems. As they are rich in sodium and they can affect our heart badly.
- Sugary Drinks: Sipping that soft drink or fruit juice loaded with sugar may taste good. But what if you get to know that it can risk your heart and you may develop heart diseases. So try to cut off those sugary drinks from your diet.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption can be good only if you consume the prescribed or limited quantity. Excess of anything can be harmful and alcohol can really have bad effects on your heart.
- Sausages: Topping your food with different sausages do feel tempting. But these sausages are not good for your heart. So switch to better options instead of the preserved sausages.
Always consult your doctor and you can even get a Heart Healthy Foods from your doctor. As they can suggest you food according to your health. Go for regular check-ups and stay a healthy life.