Half of the world is starving and half are looking out for the methods to lose weight. But what is better than yoga when it comes to losing weight. Around the world, there are many people trying yoga for weight loss and many got success as well. So how about you giving it a try?
Yoga for Weight Loss
And there is not just one but there are the number of Yoga poses for weight loss. We will provide you with information about all those yoga poses here. So, now you all must be thinking that why yoga instead of exercises. So here is a worthy reason for it, and that is the physical and mental both health. And there is no lie in it. The Yoga Poses for weight loss are not just good for burning those extra calories or burning belly fat but it can also help you in destressing as well.
Now when we say ‘Weight Loss’ it doesn’t mean that losing just belly fat. It can be a facial fat, fat on thighs, arms, shoulders, etc. So, by yoga, you can focus on all these segments. And here we are going to give you info about different yoga poses so that you all can focus on weight loss. So, let’s know all the kinds of yoga poses one can use for weight loss.
Bridge Pose or Setu Bandh Asana
The Bridge Pose is one of the beneficial yoga poses for weight loss. It is also known as Setu Bandh Asana where Setu refers to Bridge and Bandh refers to Bind. In this yoga pose, we form a body posture like a bridge that is why it is known as Bridge Pose.
To practice this yoga for weight loss, you can refer to these steps:
• First, lie down straight on your back on the floor.
• Now, bend your knees and keep them at a distance from your hip on the floor.
• There should be around 10 inches to 12 inches distance from the pelvis.
• Your ankle and your knee should fall in straight line.
• Now slowly and gently lift your back (Lower, middle, and upper) from the floor in the upwards direction while inhaling.
• Now touch your chest to your chin by rolling your shoulders and putting your weight on your arms, feet and your shoulders.
• Your thighs should now be parallel to the floor as well as to each other.
• Try to lift your torso a little more by giving support from your hands and your palms pushing on the floor.
• Breathe slowly while doing this and remain in this position for around 30 seconds or if possible around 1 minute.
• While releasing the pose, exhale slowly.
The Bridge Yoga Pose not only helps in weight loss but it also helps in other health related issues also. Like high blood pressure, asthma, thyroid, etc. Also, it helps in stretching many body parts like the spine, chest, etc.
Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana
The Bhujangasana Yoga is also one of the forms of yoga which can be used for reducing fat. It is called as Bhujanasana due to the posture formed that of a snake in this yoga. The yoga is also known as Cobra Pose in English because the word Bhujanga means Serpent and Asana means Pose.
Read the steps here to practice this yoga:
• Firstly, lie down straight on your stomach on a flat surface with a mat.
• Your feet should be placed together with your sole facing upward and toes touching the surface.
• Bring your hands below your shoulders and your palms touching the floor.
• Now inhale slowly and then by pressing your palm against the floor, straighten your arms. And then start lifting your chest, abdomen, and upper back.
• Rest of the body should remain steady.
• Hold this position for around 15 seconds to 20 seconds and after that release the position.
As we said above only, that a single yoga pose can benefit you a lot. So this yoga pose also helps in different ways like getting relief from the stress and anxiety, good for the spine, helps in toning shoulders, chest, etc.
Triangle Pose or Trikonasana
Trikonasana which is also known as Triangle Pose. It is called as triangle pose because the meaning of the Sanskrit word Trikona means Triangle only. With the help of this yoga pose, one can lose weight from the waist, stomach, and thighs also.
Now let’s learn how to do this yoga pose:
• First of all, stand straight. And then, keep your legs around 3 to 4 feet apart from each other.
• Now spread your arms to the level of the shoulder.
• Now lift your right arm towards the side of your head while inhaling.
• Now exhale and bend your right arm towards the left side. And your body weight should be equally divided on both your feet.
• Make sure that your right arm and ground are parallel to each other.
• Now hold on this position while breathing normally and then come back to the original position while inhaling.
• Repeat the same steps with the left arm.
• You should practice this for 4 to 5 times.
By doing Triangle Pose Yoga, you will not only lose fat from different body parts but it will be helpful in other health-related problems also. Like it is good for curing backache and digestion. It is also good for increasing energy and stamina. And it does strengthen different body parts also.
Boat Pose or Naukasana
This pose has got its name boat pose from the Sanskrit word Nauka as it is called as Naukasana. From losing belly fat to toning abs, it helps in all. If you have practiced yoga before, then this you can try practicing this yoga.
For your knowledge, here we are sharing the steps on how to perform this yoga:
• Lie straight on your back on a flat surface.
• Your arms should be beside your body while your feet should be kept together.
• Now inhale deeply and while you are exhaling, you have to raise your chest as well as your feet from the ground.
• While doing this your arms should spread towards your feet.
• Make sure that your toes, your fingers, and your eyes should be in a straight line.
• You will feel the stiffness around your navel while doing this because of the contraction of the abdominal muscles.
• While holding the pose for a few seconds, breathe deeply.
• Now slowly release the position while exhaling and return to the floor in a relaxed position.
• Repeat this yoga pose 3 to 4 times every day for weight loss.
Apart from Yoga for helps in toning your legs and arms muscles. It also strengthens the shoulder, thighs, and hips muscles.
Other than these yoga poses, there are few other yoga poses also with the help of which you can lose weight. Like Locust Yoga Pose which is also known as Shalabhasana, Bow Yoga Pose or you can say Dhanurasana, Wind-Releasing Yoga Pose or you can say Pavanamuktasana.
Remember one thing, that these yoga poses should be practiced under the guidance of someone. And if you are going through any medical condition, then without taking advice from your doctor, do not practice it. Else, it may cause body aches and may affect you badly. The yoga poses mentioned here are just for the informational purpose only. In case of pregnant women or women who are undergoing menstrual cycle, these poses should not be practiced.